International students applying for first-year or transfer admission to the University of Dayton must submit the following documents:
- Application, including the essay. International students may complete either the Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship or the Common Application. There is no application fee.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Official copy of secondary transcripts (in language of original issue) of all previously attended secondary schools, including dates of attendance, all subjects studied, grades earned and marks achieved on examinations; any transcripts not issued in English should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- TOEFL score (or equivalent).
- F-1 and J-1 students must provide a letter of financial support and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study.
For details about these application materials, and to learn more about the admission process, read the admission information for international students (.pdf).
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of International Admission
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1671 U.S.A.
The University of Dayton's calendar year is divided into three terms. Application deadlines for international students are:
- Fall term (August through December) — May 1
- Spring term (January through April) — November 1
- Summer term (May through July) — Case-by-case basis