Internship Portfolio Evaluation
(1) Improvement needed thru (4) Excellent
- Portfolio and reflective essay show no development as a student and intern over the course of the semester.
- Portfolio and essay show little growth as a student and intern over the course of the semester.
- Portfolio and essay show growth as a student and intern over the course of the semester.
- Portfolio and essay show exemplary growth as a student and intern over the course of the semester.
- Examples of work completed by the intern are missing: grounds for No Pass.
- At least five examples of work product are featured, demonstrating internship experience and achievement of at least some educational objectives. Explanations (contextual blurbs) might be missing, presentation might need improvement, typos could be present, stronger work examples should be included.
- At least five examples of appropriate work product are displayed with explanations, demonstrating internship experience and achievement of all or most of the educational objectives. Presentation might need improvement, and/or stronger examples might be advised.
- Five or more examples of work product are attractively displayed with necessary explanatory summary blurbs. Samples are strong and demonstrate varied work experience at the internship and accomplishment of educational objectives. Material is typographically clean.
- Reflective essay is missing, is incomplete, fails to address educational objectives and minimum competencies, and/or suffers from too many grammatical errors: grounds for No Pass.
- Reflective essay is missing a minor aspect or two of the required material, requires more thought and analysis, and/or suffers from poor grammar or organization.
- Reflective essay is thoughtful and fairly well-written, but analysis could better target educational objectives, include more discussion of growth or deficiencies, and/or cover other relevant issues more thoroughly.
- Reflective essay is thoughtful, insightful, well-written, addresses educational objectives, and covers all other issues appropriate to internship and relevant to student.
- Two or more portfolio documents are missing: grounds for No Pass.
- One significant portfolio assignment is incomplete: lack of updated resume, cover letter, progress reports, work product contextual blurbs or a preliminary course document. All other required assignments present.
- All learning agreement-required portfolio assignments are present but for one preliminary course document (e.g., educational objectives, job description).
- All required portfolio assignments are present.
- Portfolio does not follow required structure and format; presentation is poor: grounds for No Pass.
- Portfolio contains all the required sections but might be missing tabs, title page, spine identification, table of contents. Errors might be present or presentation needs improvement to look more professional.
- Portfolio is complete and format meets standards; portfolio is well organized.
- Portfolio not only meets, but exceeds, requirements and standards; portfolio is exceptionally well organized and presented; portfolio is highly professional.
Other Criteria of Note
- Creativity, imagination and effort demonstrated in portfolio presentation. (1 through 4)
- Learning and achievement gained in internship demonstrated through portfolio. (1 through 4)