Emailing Your Students
The steps to using Porches, Isidore and UD GMail are listed below. You can log in to these web-based resources from the links at right.
- Access the Internet and log in to Porches.
- Click on the "Faculty" tab.
- Click on "Class Roster with Email."
- Select the appropriate term and click "Submit."
- Select the appropriate class and click "Submit."
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Email Class."
- Log in to your email account using your University Login username and password.
- Compose your email and send it.
To send an email to all students (or individual students in your class) in a class through Isidore, complete the following steps:
- Access the Internet and go to Isidore
- Log in with Novell/LDAP username and password.
- Click on the tab of the class you wish to send a message.
- Click the “Messages” tab on the left.
- Click “Compose Message.”
- In the drop-down box, click “All Participants.”
- If you wish to send a copy of the message to students’ Lotus Notes email accounts, select the box next to “Send CC.”
- After composing your message, click “Send.”
- Log in to your university GMail account
- Click "Compose"
- In the "To:" line, type in your section using this format: "12_FA_ENG_100_05"
- After composing your message, click "Send."