Frequently Asked Questions about Information Literacies
Where are the library tutorials?
They are located on Isidore. Log in with Novell/LDAP username and password. If you experience technical problems, call the E-Learning Lab (229-5039) or the IT Help Desk (229-3888). For more information on the tutorials, contact Roesch Library (229-4259).
Can I find out the scores my students earned on the library quizzes?
Yes, contact Roesch Library (229-4259). All English Composition instructors are enrolled as instructors in Isidore; as such, you have direct access to your section’s scores. The Library will also download and email quiz scores.
How do I schedule a library session?
Call Roesch Library (229-4529) or complete the online Instruction Session Request form. Link can be found at right.
Can I use the library instruction room for my class without a librarian?
Yes, call Roesch Library (229-4259) to schedule the room. Please note that the room cannot be scheduled more than 7 days in advance and is available only after a librarian-led instruction session. The room has 20 computers, a printer, and an instructor’s terminal with projector.
Can I bring my class to the reference room to do research?
Yes, call Roesch Library (229-4259) to let her know you are coming. Extra librarians will then be scheduled at the reference desk to provide assistance.
Can I get a special instruction session for my class?
Yes, the librarians can prepare many types of specialized classes. Contact Roesch Library (229-4259) to discuss your needs.
Library Tutorials on Isidore
Student Instructions for Using the Library Tutorials on Isidore
- Disable pop-up blocking software on your computer, if there is any.
- Go to Isidore.
- Log in using your Novell/LDAP username and password.
- Once you are logged into Isidore, click on the LIB_ENG tab at the top of the page.
- Complete the library modules by clicking the “Library Modules” tab on the left of the page.
- Click Module 1. Click Module 2. Click Module 3.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking the “Tests and Quizzes” tab on the left of the page.
- Click Quiz 1 –Identifying Research Sources Click Quiz 2 – Selecting Research Tools Click Quiz 3 – Citing Sources
- Quizzes can be taken only once.
- Log out of Isidore.
Troubleshooting Library Tutorials
For technical problems, call the E-Learning Lab (229-5039) or the IT Help Desk (229-3888).
For login problems, click the “Forgot your username?” or “Forgot your password?” links on the Isidore homepage. For additional questions, contact Roesch Library (229-4259).