Frequently Asked Questions about Information Literacies
Where are the library tutorials?
They are located on Isidore. Log in with University Login username and password. If you experience technical problems, call the E-Learning Lab (229-5039) or the IT Help Desk (229-3888). For more information on the tutorials, contact Roesch Library (229-4259).
Can I find out the scores my students earned on the library quizzes?
Yes, contact Roesch Library (229-4259). All English Composition instructors are enrolled as instructors in Isidore; as such, you have direct access to your section’s scores. The Library will also download and email quiz scores.
How do I schedule a library session?
Call Roesch Library (229-4529) or complete the online Instruction Session Request form. Link can be found at right.
Can I use the library instruction room for my class without a librarian?
Yes, call Roesch Library (229-4259) to schedule the room. Please note that the room cannot be scheduled more than 7 days in advance and is available only after a librarian-led instruction session. The room has 20 computers, a printer, and an instructor’s terminal with projector.
Can I bring my class to the reference room to do research?
Yes, call Roesch Library (229-4259) to let her know you are coming. Extra librarians will then be scheduled at the reference desk to provide assistance.
Can I get a special instruction session for my class?
Yes, the librarians can prepare many types of specialized classes. Contact Roesch Library (229-4259) to discuss your needs.
Library Tutorials on Isidore
Student Instructions for Using the Library Tutorials on Isidore
- Disable pop-up blocking software on your computer, if there is any.
- Go to Isidore.
- Log in using your Novell/LDAP username and password.
- Once you are logged into Isidore, click on the LIB_ENG tab at the top of the page.
- Complete the library modules by clicking the “Library Modules” tab on the left of the page.
- Click Module 1. Click Module 2. Click Module 3.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking the “Tests and Quizzes” tab on the left of the page.
- Click Quiz 1 –Identifying Research Sources Click Quiz 2 – Selecting Research Tools Click Quiz 3 – Citing Sources
- Quizzes can be taken only once.
- Log out of Isidore.
Troubleshooting Library Tutorials
For technical problems, call the E-Learning Lab (229-5039) or the IT Help Desk (229-3888).
For login problems, click the “Forgot your username?” or “Forgot your password?” links on the Isidore homepage. For additional questions, contact Roesch Library (229-4259).