Ruskin PreK-8 Volunteer Information
On your first day please go into the main office and sign in. Let the secretary know that you are a University of Dayton volunteer who is scheduled to meet with your NSC’s site coordinator. At this time you will be introduced to and further oriented by your school’s site coordinator.
Each NSC has a full time site coordinator who works with the Fitz Center to place volunteers like you. You will become familiar with school’s site coordinator because this is the person you will contact if you have questions, concerns, or an emergency that requires you to be absent.Ellen Mays
- Head north on Brown St. toward downtown .4mi
- Turn right at Wyoming St. at Taco Bell .6mi
- Turn left at Wayne Ave at Wendy’s .4mi
- Turn right at S Keowee St go 381ft
- Make an immediate right onto Xenia Ave .3mi
- Turn left at McClure St go 164ft
- Take the first left onto Ambrose Ct go 151ft
- Arrive at 407 Ambrose Ct.
CLOSING AND DELAYS.
Dayton Public Schools (DPS) and the University of Dayton (UD) have different academic calendars which results in different closings and delays. Your site coordinator is aware of the UD academic calendar and thus, does not expect you during breaks, holidays, and exam week. Likewise, you should be aware of the DPS academic calendar and refrain from going to your NSC when DPS has a break, holiday, or early dismissal. Also, volunteers are encouraged to check for DPS closings and delays on days with inclement weather.