An examination of human rights advocacy
The University of Dayton hosted the academic conference The Social Practice of Human Rights: Charting the Frontiers of Research and Advocacy on October 3-5, 2013. This conference served as an opportunity to foster scholar-practitioner collaboration, interdisciplinary dialogue, and cultivate critical introspection of human rights advocacy.
New Plenary Panelist Added:
Program Officer, DCR, Senegal
Rosalie joined the American Jewish World Service (AJWS) in October 2009 and is currently the program officer for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Senegal. Before coming to AJWS, Rosalie worked at the Firelight Foundation for two years where she supported grassroots organizations involved in the response to and prevention of HIV and AIDS in eastern and southern Africa. She has also worked with Plan International and BONEfonden in her native country of Burkina Faso. Rosalie holds an M.S. in organizational management from the School for International Training in Vermont. Learn more about AJWS (www) >>
2013 Conference Highlights
View video recordings of 2013 activities from the links below. The schedule of events can be accessed from the links at right.
• Opening Day Luncheon with Address by University of Dayton President Dr. Daniel J. Curran. View video >>
• Keynote Address: "The Responsibilities of an Activist in a Global Political Order" by Dr. Alex de Waal. View video >>
• Plenary Dialogue: "Past, Present, and Future of Human Rights Advocacy." View video >>
• Plenary Dialogue: "Human Rights Philanthropy." View video >>
• Plenary Dialogue: "Integrating Human Rights and Development in Practice." View video >>
• Plenary Dialogue: "The Role of Media and Communications Technology." View video >>
Finding your way around our community.
The University of Dayton River Campus is located one mile southwest of the main campus at 1700 Patterson Boulevard across from Carillon Park, overlooking the Great Miami River. The links at right will help you find your way around Dayton and the UD campus. We have also provided a downloadable shuttle bus schedule.
Date: Oct. 3-5, 2013
Location: University of Dayton River Campus, 1700 South Patterson Blvd.
Contact us: Email