In the News ...
Mathematical Association of America
Dr. Aparna Higgins was awarded the Mathematical Association of America Certificate of Meritorious Service at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in January 2014. This award is in recognition of Dr. Higgins' many leadership roles in the MAA, most notably her involvement with Project NExT.
Dr. Wiebke Diestelkamp gave an invited address at the Spring 2013 meeting of the Ohio Section of the MAA.
Pi Mu Epsilon inducteesThe following students were inducted to the Dayton Ohio Zeta Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon in May 2013: Katherine Campbell, Christopher Cole, Michelle Connor, Brittney Dietz, Dan Espisito Rachel Lawless, Luke McCrate, Samantha Potocek, Claire Sonneborn and Elizabeth Yorka.
Tenure and PromotionDr. Wiebke Diestelkamp has been promoted to Professor, and Dr. Maher Qumsiyeh has been tenured and promoted to Associate Professor, effective Fall 2014.
- The co-recipients of the 2013 Faculty Award for Excellence are Lydia Kindelin and Chester Lian.
- The 2013 recipient of the department's Award of Excellence in Support of Mathematics is Alyssa Lesko.
- The recipient of the 2013 Brother Joseph W. Stander, S.M., Award of Excellence goes to Alan Rozanski. This award of excellence goes to a graduating senior in the teacher licensure program with a principal teaching field in mathematics.
- The co-recipients of the 2013 Sophomore Award for Excellence in Mathematics are Rachel Lawless and Luke McCrate.
- The recipient of the 2013 Lawrence A. Jehn Award for Excellence in Computer Science is Brandon Williams.
- The recipient of the 2013 Father Thomas Schoen Award for Innovative Programming is Chester Lian.