Financial Mathematics Academic Information
The financial mathematics program consists of 33 hours of coursework. The program's minimum requirements are:
- Introductory course Advanced Mathematical Analysis (waived if student has sufficient background in methods of applied mathematics);
- Introductory course Financial Analysis & Markets (waived if student has sufficient background in finance)
- Successful completion of 18 credit hours of required course work at the graduate level;
- Successful completion of 12 credit hours from a broad set of elective courses;
- Three credit hours devoted to a capstone project in the Mathematics Clinic; and
- Completion of 5 workshops in topics essential to successful performance in the corporate world. The workshop series is entitled "Workshops on Topics in Business." Up to 6 credits of courses equivalent to the courses listed for this program may be transferred from another university, provided that they were never used as credit toward a degree at any institution.