Textbook Award Program
Incoming students who met the requirements to receive a $500 textbook scholarship for 8 semesters should claim their scholarship through Porches, following the instructions provided here.
To determine if you received the book scholarship:
- Login to Porches and click "Access Your Financial Aid >>" on the Campus Resources tab.
- Check the Award Overview tab. If you are eligible for the scholarship, you'll see a message that says, "You are eligible to receive up to $500 per semester for the cost of books via the Text Book Award Program."
To claim the book scholarship:
- Login to Porches and click "View Your Schedule >>" on the Academics tab.
- At the top of your schedule, click the "Purchase Books at the Bookstore" link.
- Your shopping cart will automatically be filled with the books for your classes.
- Follow this guide to complete the Bookstore checkout process as prompted, paying close attention to include your Student ID number in the comments section. You must include your ID number to have the $500 scholarship credited to your order.
- You will be prompted for credit card information in order to cover any amount over $500.
- You may pick up your books during New Student Orientation at the locations specified.
Are any of your books or course materials showing that they're out of stock? Don't worry, just check back later in the summer to see if additional books for your classes are in stock. You may place several orders over the course of the summer in order to expend the full value of your scholarship. However, each of these orders must be initiated from within Porches in order to be credited toward your scholarship. Be sure to keep track of which books you have already ordered and how much of your $500 scholarship is left. Note that each time you enter the Bookstore shopping site from Porches, every available book will be checked, so be sure to un-check any books you have already ordered if you return to place a second or third order.