All accounting students planning to work full time for a spring term need to be registered as a co-op student. Registered co-op students retain full time student status which allows them to live in university housing, participate in university clubs and athletics, remain under parental insurance and student loans do not come due. To retain full time status and be registered by the Co-op department for an accounting internship, necessary paper work must be filled out by the student. If a student works on their own during the spring term, without following the steps to become a registered co-op, full time status is lost.
- Login to Hire a Flyer and enter or update your student profile, then upload your résumé. Choose Accounting Intern Pending applicant type.
- After your résumé is submitted correctly, you will be released. Upon release, you will be able to submit an interview request with the accounting firms. The firms will then consider you for on-campus interviews. If you are selected to interview in the fall, you will be able to sign up on any schedule for which you are selected.
- You must attend an Accounting Intern Informational Session to fill out a paperwork and receive updated information on the fall recruiting season. If you do not attend the Information Session and plan on working the spring term, you must make an appointment Information concerning companies recruiting on campus can be viewed in Hire a Flyer.
Early Work Term Form - Please use this form to send us information after you begin your work term.
Requirements of the Co-op Program
- Registered for co-op and $65.00 fee paid. (Invoiced by Bursars office)
- Complete and submit paperwork to our office: acceptance form, early work term form, three page report, and employer evaluation.
Some students choose to look for a work experience in cities other than Dayton or Cincinnati. Career Services may have Contacts in those locations. Once accepted into Hire a Flyer, the ability to search the Employer database by name, location, etc. is available.