|An interview is your chance to sell your skills, experience, education, and passion to an employer. Successful interviewing requires research, preparation, and practice, and Career Services can help you learn to present yourself in the best possible light.
A career advisor can show you common interview questions and strategies for answering those questions in the most effective way. The best way to prepare is to do a practice interview. You can schedule a practice interview with a career advisor, and can even have the interview recorded via webcam for later review. The advisor can give you hints on how to improve your performance.
Many professors assign practice interviews as part of their classes. These interviews are recorded and made available to students and professors through Isidore directly, or through Porches.
To make an appointment with a career advisor, or to set up a practice interview, please call 937-229-2045.
Below are resources to help you prepare for an interview:
- Interview Attire Tips
- Interviewing and Frequently Asked Questions (.pdf)
- Mock Interview (.pdf)
- What Recruiters Seek in Candidates (.pdf)
- Traditional Interview Questions (.pdf)
- Behavioral Interview Questions (.pdf)
- Questions to ask Recruiters (.pdf)
- Illegal Questions (.pdf)
- Common Interviewing Mistakes (.pdf)
- Subjects to Avoid in an Interview (.pdf)
- Company Research (.pdf)
- Salary Negotiation (.pdf)
- Thank You Letter (.pdf)