Visiting Assistant Professor
College of Arts and Sciences: Computer Science
Dr. Gothard came to the University of Dayton in the spring of 2012. She is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Science. Dr. Gothard received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from Clemson University in 2007.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Clemson University, 2007
- Computer Science education and curriculum development
- Computer Graphics
- Software Engineering
*Maiden name: Matzko
- Matzko, S. and Davis, T. A. 2008. A graphics-based approach to data structures. ITiCSE '08. ACM, New York, NY, 109-113
- Hunt, J. M. and Matzko, S. 2007. Retooling a curriculum. J. Comput. Small Coll. 23, 2 (Dec. 2007), 195-201.
- Matzko, S. R. 2007 τέχνη and Quest-Oriented Learning. Doctoral Thesis. UMI Order Number: AAI3274327., Clemson University.
- Davis, T., Geist, R., Matzko, S., and Westall, J. 2007. τέχνη: trial phase for the new curriculum. SIGCSE Bull. 39, 1 (Mar. 2007), 415-419.
- Matzko, S. and Davis, T. 2006. Pair design in undergraduate labs. J. Comput. Small Coll. 22, 2 (Dec. 2006), 123-130.
- Matzko, S. and Davis, T. 2006. Using graphics research to teach freshman computer science. SIGGRAPH '06. ACM, New York, NY, 9.
- Matzko, S. and Davis, T. A. 2006. Teaching CS1 with graphics and C. ITICSE '06. ACM, New York, NY, 168-172.
- Davis, T., Geist, R., Matzko, S., and Westall, J. 2004. Course development under τέχνη. In Eurographics 2004, pages 23-27. New York, NY, USA, 2004. ACM Press.
- Davis, T., Geist, R., Matzko, S., and Westall, J. 2004. τέχνη: a first step. SIGCSE '04. ACM, New York, NY, 125-129.
- Matzko, S., Clarke, P. J., Gibbs, T. H., Malloy, B. A., Power, J. F., and Monahan, R. 2002. Reveal: a tool to reverse engineer class diagrams. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, vol. 21.