Joseph F. Castellano
School of Business Administration: Accounting, Online MBA
- Location: Miriam Hall 417
- Phone: 937-229-4605
- Email: Contact
- ACC 208 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- MBA 607A - Strategic Performance Measurement and Control: A System's Perspective
- MBA 609A - Special Topics in Accounting
- MBA 659 - Business as a Calling
- MBA 692 - Operational Management Systems
- MBA 792 - Performance Measurement and Control System's Perspective
- Saint Louis University, PhD, 1971
- Saint Louis University, MS, 1965
- Saint Louis University, BS, 1964
- American Accounting Association, member
- American Society for Quality, member
- Financial Executives International, member
- Institute of Management Accountants, member
- Lean Thinking and Lean Accounting including the Toyota Production System and the Toyota Way. The design and use of performance measurement and control systems to support lean initiatives and the Toyota culture and Toyota management philosophy. Using cultural audits to assess "tone at the top."
- Roorda, D., Castellano, J. (2012). An Application of Lean Thinking and Lean Tools to Improve a Customer Complaint Product Return Process. Cost Management, 26(3), 37-47.
- Castellano, J., Lightle, S., Baker, B. (2011). The Role of Boards of Directors in the Financial Crisis. The CPA Journal, September 2011, LXXXI(9) 54-57.
- Castellano, J., Burrows, R. Relevance Lost: The Lean Practice/Classroom Gap. Management Accounting Quarterly, Winter 2011, 12(2), 41-48.
- Castellano, J., Forlani, V. (2009). An Emerging Model of Business: Enterprise and Catholic Social Teaching. Journal of Catholic Higher Education, 27(1), 65-81 (not released until November 2009).
- Castellano, J., Lightle, S., Baker, B. (2009). The Role of Boards of Directors in Shaping Organizational Culture. The CPA Journal.
- Castellano, J. (2007). Assessing the Control Environment. Internal Auditor, LXIV(VI), 51-56.
- Castellano, J., Young, S. (2006). Changing Your Performance Measurement Mindset: The Key to Improved Decision Making. CMA Management, 26-31.
- Castellano, J., Lightle, S. (2005). Using Cultural Audits to Assess Tone at the Top. The CPA Journal, February 2005, 6, 8-11.
- Castellano, J., Young, Anderson, McLean (2004). Process-Based Measurements: The Key to More Effective Decision Making. Cost Management, Sept/Oct 2004, 5-14.
- Castellano, J., Rosenzweig, K. (2004). Unethical Distortion of Financial Numbers: The Role of Corporate Culture. Management Accounting Quarterly Online, Summer 2004.
- Castellano, J., Young, S., Roehm, H. (2004). The Seven Fatal Flaws of Performance Measurement. The CPA Journal, June 2004, 32-35.
- Castellano, J., Weinstein, L. (2004). Scorecard Support. CMA Management, April, 18-23.
- Castellano, J., Young, S. (2003). Speed Splasher: An Interactive, Team-Based Target Costing Exercise. Journal of Accounting Education, 21(2), 149-155.