Robert K. Larson
Professor, CMA, CPA
School of Business Administration: Accounting
- Location: Miriam Hall 403
- Phone: 937-229-2497
- Email: Contact
- ACC 303 - Managerial Accounting
- ACC 404 - Advanced Strategic Cost Management
- ACC 408/MBA 603A - Advanced Financial Accounting
- University of Utah, PhD, 1993
- Portland State University, MBA, 1987
- George Fox University, BS, 1980
- Advances in Accounting, Incorporating Advances in International Accounting, Associate Editor, 2010-present.
- Ohio Region of the American Accounting Association (AAA), President, 2009-2010
- Ohio Region of the American Accounting Association (AAA), President-Elect, 2008-2009
- International Accounting Section of the AAA, Advisory Board: chair, 2006-2009; member, 2004-2006
- AAA Membership Advisory Committee, member, 2007-2009
- Journal of International Accounting Research, Book Reviews Editor, 2006-present
- Ohio Region of the AAA, Secretary / Treasurer, 2007-2008
- AAA Innovations in Accounting Education Award Committee, 2006-2007
- AAA Outstanding Accounting Educator Award Committee, 2005-2006
- International Accounting Section of the AAA, Nominations Committee: chair, 2005-2006; member, 2004-2009
- International Accounting Section of the AAA, President, 2003-2004
- Editorial Board Member, three international accounting journals (AIIA, JIAR, and JIAAT)
- Primary interests are in the area of international financial reporting, particularly the International Accounting Standards Board and issues relating to standard formation and the use of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Larson, R. K., Kenny, S. Y. (2011). The Financing of the IASB: An Analysis of Donor Diversity. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation, 20(1), forthcoming.
- Larson, R. K., Herz, P. J., Kenny, S. Y. (2011). Academics and the Development of IFRS: An Invitation to Participate. Journal of International Accounting Research, 10(2), forthcoming.
- Larson, R. K., Herz, P. J. (2011). The Academic Community's Participation in Global Accounting Standard-Setting. Research in Accounting Regulation, 23(1), forthcoming.
- Chatham, M. D., Larson, R. K., Vietze, A. (2010). Issues Affecting the Development of an International Accounting Standard on Financial Instruments. Advances in Accounting, Incorporating Advances in International Accounting, 26(1), 97-107.
- Larson, R. K., Brady, T. (2009). Incorporating IFRS into the Accounting Curriculum. Strategic Finance, (February), 23-25.
- Kenny, S. Y., Larson, R. K. (2009). Interpreting IFRS: Understanding the Role of the International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee. Journal of Accountancy, 208(4), 60-64.
- Larson, R. K. (2008). An Examination of Comment Letters Submitted to the IASC: Special Purpose Entities. Research in Accounting Regulation, 20, 27-47.
- Larson, R. K. (2007). Constituent Participation and the IASB's International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee. Accounting in Europe, 4(2), 207-254.
- Larson, R. K., Street, D. (2006). The 'Roadmap' to Global Accounting Convergence: Europe Introduces 'Speed Bumps'. The CPA Journal, (October), 36-43.
- Larson, R. K., Brown, K. L. (2004). Where Are We with Long-Term Contract Accounting? Accounting Horizons, 18(3), 207-219.