School of Business Administration: Management and Marketing, International Business
- Phone: 937-229-5031
- Email: Contact
- MGT 301 - Organizational Behavior
- MGT 403 - International Management
- MGT 404 - Groups & Teams
- MGT 410 - Seminar in Leadership
- MBA 610 - Business Data Analysis
- MBA 611 - Statistical Techniques
- MBA 670 - Fundamentals of Work Behavior
- University of Pittsburgh, PhD, 1984
- California State University, BA, 1978
- Sweeney’s work has appeared in the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Organizational Behavior, and Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, & more. In 2006, he was named to the Editorial Board of the Journal of Management, a leading research journal.
- Sweeney has also written several books with colleague Dean McFarlin, including International Management (Houghton Mifflin, 3rd Ed.), Organizational Behavior: Solutions for Management (Irwin/McGraw-Hill) & House of Mirrors: Narcissistic Leaders & How to Survive Them (Kogan Page Ltd., London).
- International management
- Organizational justice
- Enns, H., McFarlin, D. B., Sweeney, P. D. How CIO's Overcome the Competing Values Challenge: Irish CIO's Perspectives. To appear in Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
- McFarlin, D. B., Sweeney, P. D. (In press 2012). International Organizational Behavior: Transcending Borders and Cultures (1st). New York: Routledge Press.
- McFarlin, D. B., Sweeney, P. D. (2011). International Management: Strategic Opportunities and Cultural Challenges (4th). New York: Routledge Press.
- Sweeney, P. D., McFarlin, D. (2010). The Corporate Reflecting Pool: Antecedents and Consequences of Narcissism in Executives. In T. Hansbrough and B. Schyns (Eds.),When Leadership Goes Wrong: Destructive Leadership, Mistakes and Ethical Failures. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Sweeney, P. D. (2008). Corporate Governance Across Borders: Do Market Maturity and Culture Matter? Academy of Management Perspectives, 22, 118-120.