Mark A. Jacobs
School of Business Administration: MIS, OM and Decision Sciences
- Phone: 937-229-2204
- Email: Contact
- OPS 301 - Survey of Operations Management
- OPS 480 - Supply Chain Management Strategies
- MBA 793 - Operational Effectiveness
- Michigan State, PhD
- University of Minnesota, MBA
- Cal Poly, BSIE
- Decision Sciences Institute
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Academy of Management
- Production and Operations Management Society
- The Executive Committee
- The interface between operations management and product development. In particular, the impacts of design strategies such as modular architectures, implications of strategic portfolio configurations and measures of product and portfolio complexity.
- Success factors for closely held corporations such as how they can compete effectively, mitigate risk in their supply chains, develop key performance indicators to better manage the business and effectively transition from one leadership team to the next.
- Yu, W., Jacobs, M., Salisbury, W., Enns, H. The Effects of Supply Chain Integration on Customer Satisfaction and Financial Performance. To appear in International Journal of Production Economics.
- Droge, C., Jacobs, M., Vickery, S. (2012). An Empirical Study: Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationship Between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance? International Journal of Production Economics, 137(2), 250-262.
- Jacobs, M., Swink, M. (2011). Product Portfolio Architectural Complexity and Operational Performance: Incorporating the Roles of Learning and Fixed Assets. Journal of Operations Management, 29(8), 677-691.
- Jacobs, M., Droge, C., Vickery, S., Calantone, R. (2011). The Effect of Product and Process Modularity on Agility and Firm Growth Performance. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 28(1), 124-138.
- Jacobs, M. (2009) Volume and Cost Implications of Product Portfolio Complexity. Saarbrucken, VDM Verlag., 152 pgs.
- Closs, D., Jacobs, M., Swink, M., Webb, G. S. (2008). Toward a Theory of Competencies for the Management of Product Complexity: Six Case Studies. Journal of Operations Management, 26(5), 590-610.
- Jacobs, M., Vickery, S., Droge, C. (2007). The Effects of Product Modularity on Competitive Performance: Do Integration Strategies Mediate the Relationship? International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 27(10), 1046-1068.
- Jacobs, M. (2007). Product Complexity: A Definition and Impacts on Organizations. Decision Line, 38(5).