Betsy K. Donahoe-Fillmore
Associate Professor and DPT Pediatrics Coordinator
School of Education and Health Sciences: Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Location: College Park Center, Room 207D
- Phone: 937-229-5604
- Email: Contact
- DPT 810 Professional Seminar I: Health Care
- DPT 811 Professional Seminar II: Clinical Practice
- DPT 846 Maturation Science I
- DPT 847 Maturation Science II
- DPT 910 Professional Seminar III: Leadership and Management
- DPT 911 Professional Seminar IV: Business and Marketing
- DPT 912 Professional Seminar V: Professional Development
- DPT 974 Clinical Skills Lab: Neurology II
- DPT 977 Clinical Skills Lab: Advanced Therapy I
- DPT 984 Clinical Issues Seminar: Neurology II
- DPT 987 Clinical Issues Seminar: Advanced Therapy I
- B.S., Allied Health Professions, Ohio State University
- M.S., Pediatric Emphasis, University of Indianapolis
- Ph.D., Education and Physical Therapy, Union Institute and University
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), 1988-present
- Ohio Physical Therapy Association (OPTA), 2006-present
- Children's Hospital Medical Center, 2005-2010
- Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education Advisory Board for Master of Science Program, University of Puerto Rico, 2004
- PTA Advisory Board, Clark State Community College, 2002-2010
- PTA Advisory Board, Sinclair Community College, 1999-2003
- University of Dayton Physical Therapy Program Committees, present
- University of Dayton Undergraduate Academic Affairs Committee, 2010-present
- University of Dayton Graduate Academic Affairs Committee, 2006-2009
- American Cancer Society, 2000-present
- Ohio State University Alumni Club, 1998-present
- St. Mary's Church, 1998-present
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day Committee, 2002-2003
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life Committee, 2002-2003
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Women's and female adolescents' health and fitness
- Burnett, R., N. Cornett, G. Rekart, B. Donahoe-Fillmore, C.J. Brahler, S. Aebker, and M. Kreill. (2011). Investigating the Associations Between Core Strength, Postural Control and Fine Motor Performance in Children. Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research, 4(2): 40-47.
- Donahoe-Fillmore, B. , C.J. Brahler, M. Insana Fisher, and K. Beasley. (2010). The Effect of Yoga Postures on Balance, Flexibility and Strength in Healthy Adolescent Females. Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy, 34: 10-17.
- Brahler, C.J., W. Stephens, and B. Donahoe-Fillmore. (2009). Field Testing Adolescent Females for Cardiovascular Disease Risk. JEP Online, 12(3): 24-33.
- Donahoe-Fillmore, Betsy, Niccia M. Hanahan, Mindy l. Mescher, E. Darnel Clapp, Nancy R. Addison, and Courtney R. Weston. (2007). The Effects of a Home Pilates Program on Muscle Performance and Posture in Healthy Females: A Pilot Study. Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy, 31: 6-11.
- Jackson, Kurt, Janet A. Mulcare, Betsy Donahoe-Fillmore, H. Ira Fritz, and Mary M. Rodgers. (2007). Home Balance Training Intervention for People with Multiple Sclerosis. Int J MS Care, 9:111-117.
- Conover, K. J. Jackson, and B. K. Fillmore. (1997). So You Want to Do PBL, Where Do You Begin? (Abstract). Physical Therapy, 77(5).
- Donahoe, B. K. (1995). Congenital and Development Deformities in Children. Rehabilitating the Foot and Ankle. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby.
- Donahoe, B. K. (1995). Splinting and Casting in the Pediatric Patient. Rehabilitating the Foot and Ankle. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby.
- Donahoe, B. K., and Turner D. Worrell. (1994). The Use of Functional Reach as a Measurement of Balance in Healthy Boys and Girls Age 5-15. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 6:189-193.
- Donahoe, B. K. (1993). The Use of Functional Reach as a Measurement of Balance in Healthy Boys and Girls Age 5-15. (Abstract). Physical Therapy, 73: 571.
- Donahoe, B. (1992). Critical Review of Developmental Intervention for Low Birth Weight Infants: Improved Early Developmental Outcome. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 4: 210-211.