Assistant Professor, College Student Personnel and Higher Education Administration, & Coordinator of the Higher Education Administration Concentration of the PhD Program
School of Education and Health Sciences: Counselor Education and Human Services
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 207B
- Phone: 937-229-3620
- Email: Contact
- Ph.D., Educational Leadership/Special Committee/Higher Education, Miami University
- M.A., Art, Miami University
- B.F.A., Art, Miami University
- Teaching and learning in higher education
- College student development
- Faculty development
- Welkener, M. M., & Bowsher, A. (In press). Soul-building: Students' perspectives on meaning, purpose, and the college experience. Journal of College and Character. View abstract >>
- Welkener, M. M. (2011). Creative learning for challenging times: The promise and peril of risk. In P. M. Magolda & M. B. Baxter Magolda (Eds.), Contested issues in Student Affairs: Diverse perspectives and respectful dialogue (pp. 103-114). Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Welkener, M. M. (2010). One process, two contexts: Collaborating to design professional development for graduate student educators. Studies in Graduate and Professional Student Development, 13, 153-166.
- Welkener, M. M. (2010). Student moral development. In C. J. Russo (Ed.), Encyclopedia of law andhigher education (pp. 434- 436). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Welkener, M., Kalish, A., & Bandeen, H. (Eds.). (2010). Teaching and Learning in the College Classroom. 3rd ed. Boston: Pearson. (Association for the Study of Higher Education Reader series).
- Welkener, M. M. (2008). [Review of the book The skillful teacher: On technique, trust, and responsiveness in the classroom (2nd ed.)]. Journal of Higher Education, 79 (5), 610-612.
- Welkener, M. M. (2004). Helping students develop vision and voice: The role creativity plays. About Campus, 8 (6), 12-17.
- Welkener, M. M. (2003). [Review of the book Using simulations to promote learning in higher education: An introduction]. Journal of College Student Development, 44 (3), 443-445.
- Langley, D., O’Connor, T., & Welkener, M. (2003). A transformative model for designing professional development activities. To Improve the Academy, 22, 145-154.
- Welkener, M. M. (1999). Creativity and emancipatory education: Releasing student and teacher identity. Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 10 (1), 35-45.
- Welkener, M. M. (1998). Creativity and learning: Partners in pedagogy. Teaching and Learning: The Journal of Natural Inquiry, 12 (3), 30-36.