Connie L. Bowman, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Teacher Education, and Associate Professor
School of Education and Allied Professions: Teacher Education
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Annex 114
- Phone: 937-229-3305
- Email: Contact
- EDT 431 English/Language Arts Methods
- EDT 452 Reading and Writing in Content Areas
- EDT 459 Reading in the Content Areas
- EDT 509 Curriculum, Assessment and Management
- Ph.D., Teacher Education, The Ohio State University
- M.Ed., Counseling, University of Cincinnati
- B.A., Secondary Education, Capital University
- International Reading Association
- Association of Teacher Educators
- National Professional Development Schools
- Ohio Association of Teacher Educators
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Ohio Council of Teachers of English/Language Arts
Mentoring of pre-service and in-service teachers
- Collopy, R. M. B., Bowman, C., & Taylor, D. A. (2012). The educational achievement gap as a social justice issue for teacher educators.Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, 16(1), 4-25. Read (pdf) >>
- Collopy, R., & C. Bowman. (2008). Teacher candidates' perceptions of urban and poor students. Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 21(1):25-30.
- Bowman, C. (2007, June-August). Professional Development in Adolescent Literacy. The LS Exchange. Literacy Specialist Project, Vol. 27.
- Bowman, C., & P. Drake. (2006). Living in two worlds: The clinical educator. Ohio Journal Teacher Educators, 19(2):10-15.
- Bowman, C., M. Martin, & M. Morrison. (2005). Reflection and the preservice teacher. In Israel, Block, Bauserman, & Kinnucan-Welsch, Eds., Metacognition and Reading. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates: Mahwah, NJ.
- Bowman, C., & S. Adams. (2005). The Journey together: University and clinical educators. Ohio Journal Teacher Educators, 18(1):11-17.
- Richards, S., C. Bowman, & S. Hunley. (2003). Building partnerships through collaboration and accommodation skill training. Michigan and Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 16(2).
- Bowman, C., & C. Giebelhaus. (2002). The study of Pathwise and its effect upon supervision of student teachers. Pedagique, Sophie, Bulgaria.
- Bowman, C., & C. Giebelhaus. (2002). Teaching mentors: Is it worth the effort? Journal of Educational Research, 95(4):246-254.
- Bowman, C., & S. Adams. (2002). Portfolios, performance-based assessment, and benchmarks: How the NCATE process can empower faculty. The Michigan & Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 15(1):5-8.
- Seery, M.E., S. Adams, K. Kinnucan-Welsch, C. Bowman, & P. Grogan. (2002). Women scholars, integration, and the Marianist tradition: Learning from our culture and ourselves. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, 5(3):297-314.
- Bowman, C., & S. McCormick. (2000, March/April). Peer coaching versus traditional supervision. Journal of Educational Research, 93(4):256-261.
- Kinnucan-Welsch, K., S. Adams, C.L. Bowman, L. Joseph, & M.E. Seery. (2000, Spring). Write(ing)(ers') Support Group: Stories of facing publish or perish. Teacher Education Quarterly, 27(2):105-118.
- Williams, D., & C.L. Bowman. (2000). Mentoring and the preservice teacher. ATE Teacher Education Yearbook. Corwin Press.