Janet M. Herrelko
School of Education and Allied Professions: Teacher Education
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 114E
- Phone: 937-229-3037
- Email: Contact
- EDT 409 ECE Mathematics Methods for Grades 4 and 5
- EDT 427 MC Mathematics Methods
- EDT 432 AYA Mathematics Methods
- EDT 436 AYA Capstone Course
- EDT 474 AYA Student Teaching Liason
- EDT 500 Models of Teaching
- EDT 667 Action Research
- Ed.D., Mathematics Education, University of Massachusetts
- M.A., American Studies, University of Maryland
- B.A., History, Regis College
Licensures & Certifications
National Board Certified Teacher, AYA Mathematics
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- National Council of Staff Development
- National Middle School Association
- Ohio Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Ohio Council of Teachers or Mathematicst
- Ohio Mathematics and Science Coalition
- Ohio Mathematics Education Leadership Council
- Pi Lambda Theta, National Honorary and Professional Association
- Psychology of Mathematics Education of North America
- School Science and Mathematics Association
- Woment and Mathematics Education
- Mathematics coaching
- Professional development of teachers
- Development of preservice teachers
- Herrelko, J. (2010). Differentiation model for preservice teachers to engage all students in the learning of mathematics. In The 32nd Annual Conference of North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education. Columbus, OH.
- Herrelko, J. (2010). Algebra project; National Board for Professional Teaching Standards; Singapore Math. In T. Hunt, J. Carper, T. Lasley, C. Raisch, Eds., Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Herrelko, J., K. Jeffries, & A. Robertson. (2009, Spring). The Impact of Single Gender Elementary School on Mathematics Classes in an Urban School. http://scholarlypartnership.edu
- Driskell, S., & J. Herrelko. (2007). Using tiers to differentiate instruction on properties of two-dimensional shapes. (C. Tomlinson, Ed.). Association of Teachers of Mathematics in New England Journal, XXXIX(2):36-44.
- Herrelko, J., & D. Hunn. (2006). Ohio's excellent math and science teachers devote their summer to professional development. Ohio Journal of School Mathematics, Autumn 2006:22-27.
- Herrelko, J. (2005). Collaborative partnership helps teachers learn to use standards-based lessons and analyze data. National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics Journal of Mathematics Education, Fall-Winter, 7(2):24-33.