Mary Kay Kelly
School of Education and Health Sciences: Teacher Education
- Location: College Park Center, Room 680Z
- Phone: 937-229-4140
- Email: Contact
- EDT 414 Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Science for Early Childhood
- EDT 425 The Middle School: Principles and Practices
- EDT 428 Science Methods for Middle Childhood
- EDT 530 PBIL The Middle School: Principles and Practices
- EDT 534 Science Methods for Middle Childhood
- EDT 549 Student Teaching for Middle Childhood
- Ph.D., Educational Administration, Miami University
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Teacher Leadership, Miami University
- B.S., Secondary Life Science Education and Middle School Science Education, University of Minnesota
- B.A., Biology, College of St. Benedict
- National Science Teachers Association
- National Association of Research in Science Teaching
- Association for Science Teacher Educators
- Association for Middle Level Education
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
Teacher preparation for early and middle childhood science
- Kelly, M.K., S.M. Adams, & J.L. Baldwin. (In press). The seeds of integration for early childhood: Implementing an emergent, standards-based, integrated, science-focused curriculum with diverse early learners. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice.
- Kelly, M.K., T.B. Smith, B. Basista, & Y. Miura. (In press). Fostering pre-service teachers’ development of pedagogical content knowledge in physics. Electronic Journal of Science Education.
- Kelly, M.K. (2010). Middle school. In T.C. Hunt, J.C. Carper, T.J. Lasley, II, & C.D. Raisch, Eds., Encyclopedia of Reform and Dissent, 2:559-562. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Kelly, M.K., (2010). Paideia proposal. In T.C. Hunt, J.C. Carper, T.J. Lasley, II, & C.D. Raisch, Eds., Encyclopedia of Reform and Dissent, 2:683-685. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Baldwin, J.L., S.M. Adams, & M.K. Kelly. (2009). Science at the center: An emergent, standards-based, child-centered framework for early learners. Early Childhood Education Journal, 37(1), 71-77. Also, published online: May 7, 2009.
- Boone, W.J., K.K. Metcalf, K.M. Paul, C. Lotter, & M.K. Kelly. (2009). Science and mathematics instructional time in an urban setting: Differences and similarities among private and public schools. Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, 15:343-355.
- Collopy, R.B., & M.K. Kelly. (2009). Answering the mandate and then some: Lessons learned from embedding value-added outcomes in the teacher licensure curriculum. Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 22(2):32-40.