Thomas J. Lasley, Ph.D.
Professor & Executive Director, EDvention
School of Education and Health Sciences: Teacher Education, Doctorate of Educational Leadership
- Location: College Park Center, Room 680F
- Phone: 937-229-5773
- Email: Contact
- EDT 110 The Profession of Teaching III
- EDT 500 Models of Teaching
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Foundations, The Ohio State University
- M.A., Educational Administration, The Ohio State University
- B.S., Elementary Education, The Ohio State University
- American Educational Research Association
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Teacher education policy and practice
- Student college and career readiness
Books and Monographs
- Lasley, II, T.J. (2012). Standards and Accountability in Schools (Debating Issues in American Education). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. View book >>
- Hunt, T.C., J.C. Carper, T.J. Lasley, II, & C.D. Raisch. (2010). Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. View book >>
- Kowaslki, T.J., & T.J. Lasley. (2009). Handbook of Data-based Decision Making in Education. New York and London: Routledge. View book >>
- Kowaslki, T.J., T.J. Lasley, & J.W. Mahoney. (2008). Data-Driven Decisions and School Leadership: Best Practices for School Improvement. Boston, MA: Pearson. View book >>
- Ornstein, A.C., T.J. Lasley, & G. Mindes. (2004). Secondary and Middle School Methods. New York: Allyn & Bacon. View book >>
- Lasley, T.J. (2004). Better Leaders for America’s Schools: Perspectives on the Manifesto. St. Louis, MO: UCEA.
- Ornstein, A., & T. Lasley. (2003). Strategies for Effective Teaching, 4th ed. Boston, MA: McGraw Hill.
- Lasley, T., T. Matczynski, & J. Rowley. (2002). Instructional Models: Strategies for Teaching in a Diverse Society. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Lasley, T. (1994). Teaching Peace: Toward Cultural Selflessness. Westport, CT: Bergin and Garvey.
- Ryan, K., T. Lasley, etal. (1980). Biting the Apple: Accounts of First Year Teachers. New York: Longman.
- Lasley, T. (Ed.) (1986). Issues in Teacher Education. (Readings from the National Commission on Excellence in Teacher Education). Washington, DC: American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and ERIC.
- Lasley, T. (Ed.) (1986). Reform in Teacher Education. (Readings from the National Commission on Excellence in Teacher Education). Washington, DC: American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and ERIC.
Articles and Chapters
- Lasley, T., Ridenour, C.S., & Bainbridge, W.L. (2001). The Impact of Emerging Market-Based Public Policy on Urban Schools and a Democratic Society. Education and Urban Society, 34(1): 66-83.
- Lasley, T., Matczynski, T., Rogus, J., & Joseph, E. (2000). Culturally Relevant Instruction: Using Traditional and Progressive Strategies in Urban Schools. The Education Forum, 64(4): 350-357.
- Lasley, T., Ridenour, C., Talbert-Johnson, C., & Raisch, C. (1999). Charters: A Value Added Opportunity for Urban Teachers? Education and Urban Society, 31(4): 499-511.
- Lasley, T. (1998). Paradigm Shifts in the Classroom. Phi Delta Kappan, 80(1): 84-86.
- Lasley, T., Matczynski, T., & Benz, C. (1997). Science Teachers as Change Ready and Change Resistant Agents. Educational Forum, 62(2): 120-130.
- Lasley, T. (1997). The Missing Ingredient in Character Education, Phi Delta Kappan, 78(8): 654-655.
- Lasley, T. (1996). Character Education: Teaching Students to See Beyond Themselves. Educational Forum, 60 (2): 158-163.
- Lasley, T. (1996). Mentors: They Simply Believe. Peabody Journal of Education, 71 (1): 64-70.
- Lasley, T. (1994). The Stages of Change: A Mentor's View. Liberal Education, 80 (1): 8-9.
- Lasley, T. Collaborative and Noncollaborative Partnerships in Teacher Education. (With T. Matczynski and J. Williams). Journal of Teacher Education, 43 (4),1992, 257-261.
- Lasley, T. Promoting Teacher Reflection. Journal of Staff Development, 13 (1), 1992, pp 24-29.
Lasley, T. Curriculum Models in Teacher Education: The Liberal Arts and Professional Studies. (With M. Payne) Teaching and Teacher Education, 7 (2), l99l, pp. 211-219.