Stephen B. Richards
School of Education and Allied Professions: Teacher Education
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 221D
- Phone: 937-229-4511
- Email: Contact
- EDT 342/574 Behavior Management
- EDT 343/572 Intro. to Education of Learners with Mild/Moderate Needs
- EDT 442/575 Assessment: Mild/Moderate
- EDT 443/576 Curriculum: Mild/Moderate
- EDT 444/579 Instructional Strategies: Mild/Moderate
- EDT 476/589 Student Teaching: Mild/Moderate
- EDT 577Career Education/Special Education
- Ed.D., Florida Atlantic University
- M.A., East Carolina University
- B.A., University of North Carolina
Council for Exceptional Children
- Dispositions assessment and development
- Taylor, R.L., Smiley, L., & Richards, S.B. (2009). Exceptional students. Preparing teachers for the 21st Century. Columbus, OH: McGraw Hill.
- Taylor, R.L., Richards, S.B., & Brady, M. (2005). Mental retardation: Historical perspectives, current practices, and future trends. Boston: Pearson/Allyn & Bacon.
- Cullen, J., Richards, S.B., & Lawless Frank, C. (2009). The effects of computer software to enhance writing skills in students with disabilities. Journal of Special Education Technology.
- Richards, S.B., Lawless Frank, C., & Goshe, J. (2007). A survey of school Superintendents concerning best practices implementation in state and district testing of students with disabilities. The Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 20(1):29-35.
- Richards, S.B., & Dysard, G.L. (2006). A framework for professional goal development in technology use. The Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 19:18-26.
- Richards, S.B., & Taylor, R.L. (2005). A review of biobehavioral state assessment in individuals with profound disabilities. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 30:5-13.
- Richards, S.B., Hunley, S., Weaver, R., & Landers, M.F. (2003). A pre-service training program in collaboration skills for secondary and special education candidates. Teacher Education and Special Education, 26:246-250.
- Richards, S.B., & Dysard, G.L. (2003). Teaching in blended face-to-face and on-line environment: Perspectives and recommendations. The Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 16:29-3.