Clinical Administrator, Graduate Reading Program
School of Education and Health Sciences: Teacher Education
- Location: College Park Center, Room 680P
- Phone: 937-229-3910
- Email: Contact
- EDT 601 Phonics, Spelling and Vocabulary
- EDT 603 Teaching Reading through Literature
- EDT 605 Advanced Study in Reading and Language Arts
- EDT 606 Assessment and Evaluation of Reading Difficulties
- EDT 607 Reading Program
- EDT 608 The Writing Classroom
- EDT 650 Professional Development of Teacher Leaders
- Ph.D., Language, Literacy and Culture, The Ohio State University
- M.S.Ed., Literacy, University of Dayton
- B.S.Ed., Elementary and Special Education, University of Dayton
- National Council of Teachers of English
- International Reading Association
- Literacy Research Association
- Dayton Area Commission on Education
- Struggling readers
- Identity development
- Online learing
- Collaborative learning
- Portrayal of disabilities in children's literature
Books and book chapters
- Sableski, M. (2009). Phonics. Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Sableski, M.K., & J. Arnold. (2009). Reading reform. Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Arnold, J.M., & M.K. Sableski. (2007). Charles Judd: His contributions to the field of reading. In S. E. Israel & E. J. Mongahan (Eds.), Reading pioneers: Historical accounts of earlier, outstanding contributions to the field of reading (101-118). Newark, DE: International Reading Association.
- Sableski, M. (2009). Scaffolding as an impetus for change when working with struggling readers. Journal of Reading Education.
- Sableski, M. (2008). Reading assessment: over the river and through the woods. History of Reading News, 31(2):1-4.