Joseph L. Watras, Ph.D.
School of Education and Health Sciences: Doctorate of Educational Leadership, Teacher Education
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 101A
- Phone: 937-229-3328
- Email: Contact
- EDT 305: History and Philosophy of Education
- EDT 502: Philosophical Studies in Education
Ph.D., Foundations of Education, The Ohio State University
- American Educational Studies Association
- Comparative Education Society
- History of Education Society
- International Standing Committee of History of Education
- Ohio Valley Philosophy of Education Society
- Curriculum history
- Progressive education
- Racial desegregation
- Watras, J. (2008). A History of American Education. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. (The American Educational Studies Association Nominated this book for a Critic's Choice Award in 2008.)
- Woyshner, C., J. Watras, & M.S. Crocco, Eds. (2004). Social Education in the Twentieth Century: Curriculum and Context for Citizenship. New York: Peter Lang.
- Watras, J. (2004). Philosophical Conflicts in Education, 1893-2000. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. (The American Educational Studies Association awarded this text the Critics' Choice Award.)
- Watras, J. (2002). Educational Foundations of Curriculum and Diversity, 1569 to the present. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Watras, J. (1997). Politics, Race, and Schools: Racial Integration, 1954-1994. New York: Garland Publishing Company.