Diana Cuy Castellanos, Ph.D., R.D.
School of Education and Health Sciences: Health and Sports Science
- Location: College Park Center, Room 646N
- Phone: 937-229-4206
- Email: Contact
- Nutrition for Exercise and Sport
- Nutrition and Health
- Research Methods
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Community Nutrition
- Ph.D., Nutrition and Food Systems, University of Southern Mississippi
- M.A., Nutrition and Dietetics, Marshall University
- B.S., Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Cincinnati
- Registered Dietitian
- Hunger and Environmental Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group: Board Member
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Member
- American Public Health Association: Member
- Dietary Acculturation
- Nutrition Transition
- Community-Based Participatory Research and Food Environment
- Castellanos, D. C., Christaldi, J., Borer, K. (in press). Using the Diffusion of Innovations to Develop Healthy Cooking Demonstrations at a Farmers Market. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition.
- Christaldi, J., Castellanos, D. C. (in press). Identifying Factors, Barriers and Solutions Related to Food Insecurity in Lackawanna County Pennsylvania. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition.
- Cuy Castellanos, D.K., & Borer, K. (2014). Using the PRECEDE-PROCEED model to assess dietary needs in the Hispanic population in northeastern Pennsylvania. Hispanic Healthcare International. 12(1), 43-53.
- Cuy Castellanos, D. K., Downey, L., Graham-Kresge, S., Yadrick, K., Zoellner, J., & Connell, C. (2012) Examining the Diet of Hispanic Males using the Precede-Proceed model – Predisposing, Enabling, and Reinforcing Dietary Factors. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior [serial online].
- Anderson-Lewis, C., Cuy Castellanos, D. K. et al. (2011). Utilizing Mix Methods to Measure the Perception of Community Capacity in an Academic-Community Partnership for a Walking Intervention. Health Promotion Practice.
- Cuy Castellanos, D. K. (2010). The nutrition transition in Guatemala. Synergy, 1, 37-43.
- Cuy Castellanos, D. K., Connell, C., Lee, J. (2010). Factors Affecting Weight Gain and Dietary Intake in Latino Males Residing in Mississippi: A Preliminary Study. Hispanic Healthcare International, 9(2), 91-98.
- Downey, L. H., Cuy Castellanos, D. K., Yadrick, K., Avis Williams, M., Graham Kresge, S. & Bogle, M. (2010) Perceptions of CBPR in the Delta NIRI: An academic perspective. Health Promotion Practice.
- Downey, L. H., Cuy Castellanos, D. K., Yadrick, M., Threadgill, P., Kennedy, B., Strickland, E., Prewitt, E., Bogle, M. (2010). Capacity building for health through community based participatory nutrition intervention research in rural communities. Family and Community Health, 33(3), 175-185.
- Cuy Castellanos, D.K..“Dietetics On the Side of a Volcano.” Today’s Dietician. June 2005: 46-50.
- Developing, Implementing, Measuring and Sustaining a Community-Academic Partnership for Community Health and Wellness", Presenter/Lecturer, Academic, National, Peer-reviewed/refereed, Published in proceedings, Accepted. (May 29, 2014).
- Castellanos, D. C., Invited Lecture, Junior Councils of World Affairs Youth Forum, Junior Council of World Affairs, Sinclair College, Dayton, Ohio, "Hunger", Presenter/Lecturer, Academic, Local, Invited. (December 9, 2013).
- Castellanos, D. C., Presentation, Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Houston, "TX", Presenter/Lecturer, Academic, National, Peer-reviewed/refereed, Published in proceedings, Accepted. (October 22, 2013).
- Castellanos, D. C., Presentation, Faculty Research Forum at the University of Dayton, University of Dayton - SEHS, University of Dayton, "Mission of Mary urban garden project informative evaluation", Presenter/Lecturer, Academic, Local, Peer-reviewed/refereed, Accepted. (September 25, 2013).