Lloyd L. Laubach
Chair & Associate Professor
School of Education and Allied Professions: Health and Sports Science
To contact Dr. Laubach, you may email him directly at LLaubach1@udayton.edu.
- HSS 405 Tests and Measurements in Sport Science
- HSS 408 Physiology of Exercise
- HSS 550 Physiological Responses to Exercise
- HSS 551 Laboratory Techniques for the Practitioner
- HSS 555 Survey of Research Processes/Design in Sport Science
- HSS 556 Issues in Sport Science Seminar
- HSS 560 Evaluation & Applied Statistics in Sport Science
- EDU 902 Introduction to Quantitative Research and Statistics
- Chair, Department of Health and Sport Science, University of Dayton, 1994-2004 and 2010-present
- Director of the Faculty-Staff Wellness Program, University of Dayton
- Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County (PHDMC), http://www.phdmc.org, Board Member since March 20, 2008, President of the Board beginning April 4, 2012
- Clayton, M.A., C.E. Trudo, L.L. Laubach, J.K. Linderman, & S. Barr. (2011, October). Relationships between isokinetic core strength and field based athletic performance tests in male collegiate baseball players. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 14 (5), 20-30.
- Pennington, J.M., L. L. Laubach, G. P. De Marco, & J. Linderman. (2010, April). Determining the optimal load for maximal power output for the power clean and snatch in collegiate male football players. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 13(2), 10-19.
- Laubach, L. L. , K. Porter, P. Hovey, & J. Linderman. (2009, December). A modest increase in weekly step counts improved cardiovascular function in healthy elderly women. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 12(6), 25-32.
- Crecelius, A.R., P.M. Vanderburgh, & L.L. Laubach. (2008, September). Contributions of body composition and effort in the 5K run age and body weight handicap model. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22(5), 1475-1480.
- Vanderburgh, P.M., & L.L. Laubach. (2008, March). Body mass bias in a competition of muscle strength and aerobic power. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22(2), 375- 382.
- O’Hara, R.B., M. Khan, J.F. Schlub, R.L. Pohlman, L.L. Laubach, & E. Eveland. (2007, October). Effects of increased leg resistance training and reduced aerobic training on selected physiological parameters in United States Air Force men and women. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 10(5), 16-34.
- Vanderburgh, P.V., & L. L. Laubach. (2007, January). Derivation of an age and weight handicap for the 5K run. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 11(1), 49-59.
- Petry, L., L.L. Laubach, P.W. Hovey, N.L. Rogers, B. Towne, & W.C. Chumlea. (2005, August). Development and validation of an anthropometrically based prediction equation for estimating the percent body fat of post-menopausal black females. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 8(4), 20-28.
- Darling, J.L., J.K. Linderman, & L.L. Laubach. (2005, August). Energy expenditure of continuous and intermittent exercise in college-aged males. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 8(4), 1-8.
- Peterson, M.J., D.R. Palmer, & L. L. Laubach. (2004). Comparison of caloric expenditure in intermittent and continuous walking bouts. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 18(2), 373-376.
- Linderman, J.K. & L.L.Laubach. (2004, February). Energy balance during 24 hours of treadmill running. Journal of Exercise Physiology online, 7(2), 37-44.
- Flanagan, S.P., L.L. Laubach, G.M. DeMarco Jr., C. Alvarez, S. Borchers, E. Dressman, C. Gorka, M. Lauer, A. McKelvy, M. Metzler, J. Poeppelman, C. Redmond, M. Riggenbach, S. Tichar, K. Wallis, & D. Weseli. (2002, September). Effects of two different strength training modes on motor performance in children. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 73(3), 340-344.
- O'Hara, R. B., J. T. Baer, R. L. Pohlman, & Lloyd L. Laubach. (200, September/October). The effect of a walking program on blood pressure response in African-American women. ACSM'S Health & Fitness Journal, 4(5), 20-24.
- Vanderburgh, P. M. & Lloyd L. Laubach. (2000, April). Modeling a two-mile run age and body weight handicap for men and women. Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, 36 (ISA Volume 395), 325-330.
- Queary, J.L. & L.L. Laubach. (1992, January). The effects of muscular strength/endurance training. U.S. Gymnastics Technique, 12(1), 9-11.
- McGown, C.M., A.A. Sucec, M.A.B. Frey, L.L. Laubach, R.K. Conlee, M.J. Buono, M. Tamayo, & W. Phillips. (1990, June). Gold medal volleyball: the training program and physiological profile of the 1984 Olympic champions. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 61(2), 196-200.
- Sawka, M.N., R.M. Glaser, L.L. Laubach, O. Al-Samkari, & A.G. Suryaprasad. (1981, April). Wheelchair exercise performance of young, middle-aged, and elderly. Journal of Applied Physiology: Respiratory, Environmental and Exercise Physiology, 50(4), 824-828.
- Laubach, L.L., R.M. Glaser, & A.G. Suryaprasad. (1981, January). Anthropometry of aged male wheelchair-dependent patients. Annals of Human Biology, 8(1), 25-29.
- Wynee, T.P., M.A.B. Frey, L.L. Laubach, & C.J. Glueck. (1980, December). Effect of a controlled exercise program on serum lipoprotein levels in women on oral contraceptives. Metabolism, 27(12), 1267-1271.
- Glaser, R.M., M.N. Sawka, L.L. Laubach, & A.G. Suryaprasad. (1979, June). Metabolic and cardiopulmonary responses to wheelchair and bicycle ergometry. Journal of Applied Physiology: Respiratory, Environmental and Exercise Physiology, 46(6), 1066-1070.
- Laubach, L.L. (1978, May). Comparative muscular strength of men and women-a review of the literature. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine, 47(5), 534-542.
- Laubach, L.L., & J.T. McConville. (1969, December). The relationship of strength to body size and typology. Medicine and Science in Sports, 1(4), 189-194.