- Location: College Park Center 272 I
- Phone: 937-229-2394
- Email: Contact
Selected Research and Works
- Variable Acuity Hemispherical Threat Detection for Remotely Operated Weapons Systems, SBIR A12-004 (Army) Phase II. I am responsible for the optical and mechanical system design.
- High-Resolution Imaging of Large Field-of-View Scenes, Research on a novel high-resolution panoramic camera. SBIR Phase II DARPA SB091-009. I lead the prototype development, cooperating with UtopiaCompression Corporation. We almost completed the prototype reaching the requirements from DAPAR.
- Sense and Avoid Ladar for Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA), SBIR, AF093-136. Phase II. We completed a prototype of lidar systems. I lead the development of optical design, cooperating with UtopiaCompression Corporation, SAIC and Air Force Research Lab etc.
- High efficiency, actively Q-switched Er/Yb fiber laser, I designed this system, cooperating with Mexico NSF.
- Design of main system of Resolution Enhanced Sparse Aperture Imaging for Air Force.
- Thermal control for high power diode laser completed the simulation using COMSOL and Solidworks, cooperating with INNOVA, Inc.
- Research on the manufacture of Si Detector in CT system, cooperating with FMI Technologies, Inc.
- Advance optical design for a telescopic sensing system, an Electro-Optical Air and Space Observations Project (EASOP), led the development of optical system, cooperating with Applied Optimization, Inc.
- Electrochromic glass research and development, cooperating with China Southern Glass Holding Co., Ltd.
- Miniaturized the Terahertz time-domain spectroscopy prototype with ultrafast laser for Navy and Army.
- Optimization of Adaptive Scanning Optical Microscope (ASOM). Cooperated with optics company THORLABS.
- LED illumination system for the experiment on International Space Station, NASA.
- Design of adaptive optics SLO system for retinal imaging.
- Adaptive optical SLO OCT for 3D retinal imaging.
- Automatic 1KW CO2 laser heat treatment machine for automobile crank.
- Free-space multistage optical interconnection network.
- 30W CO2 laser scalpel.
- EOP 513/ECE 572 Linear Systems and Fourier Optics
- EOP 601 Optical Design
- EOP 542L Electro-Optics System Laboratory
Ph.D., electro-optics, University of Dayton
Optical design, electro-optical systems, lidar system, fiber and waveguide optics, photonic crystal, nonlinear integrated optics, adaptive optics, laser technology, semiconductor fabrication, semiconductor photolithography, CCD and CMOS imaging system, OCT, automatic optical system, ophthalmologic devices, THz devices, UV lithography, and femtosecond laser.
Selected Publications in Journal and Conference Proceedings
- Haus, Joseph W., Li Li, Nkorni Katte, Cong Deng, Michael Scalora, Domenico de Ceglia, and Maria Antonietta Vincenti. 2013. Nanowire metal-insulator-metal plasmonic devices. ICPS 2013: International Conference on Photonics Solutions, Proc. of SPIE 8883, 888303-1, July 9.
- lez-Garcı´a, A. Gonza´, B.Ibarra-Escamilla, O. Pottiez, E.A. Kuzin, F. Maya-Ordon˜ez, M. Dura´n-Sa´nchez, C.Deng, J.W. Haus, Peter E. Powers. 2013. High efficiency, actively Q-switched Er/Yb fiber laser. Optics & Laser Technology 48: 182–186.
- Garcia, Andres Gonzalez, Baldemar B. Ibarra Escamilla, Eugene A. Kuzin, Olivier M. Pottiez, Manuel Duran Sanchez, Cong Deng, Joseph W. Haus, and Peter E. Powers. 2012. Q-switched Er/Yb double clad single mode fiber laser. OSA, Frontiers in Optics, October 14, in Rochester, New York.
- Ferguson, R. Daniel, Zhangyi Zhong, Daniel X. Hammer, Mircea Mujat, Ankit H. Patel, Cong Deng, Weiyao Zou, and Stephen A. Burns. 2010. Adaptive optics SLO with integrated wide-field retinal imaging and tracking. JOS A 27, no. 11 (November): A265-A277.
- Burns, S. A., Z. Zhong, W. Zou, C. Deng, D. Ferguson, and X. Qi. 2009. Adaptive optics instrumentation. In Adaptive optics: Methods, analysis and applications, OSA Technical Digest (CD), Optical Society of America, paper JWF1.
- Zhong, Zhangyi, Cong Deng, Stephen Burns. 2008. Wide-field steerable adaptive optics SLO with dual deformable mirrors: Optical design. 2008 Frontiers in Optics (FiO)/Laser Science XXIV Conference, Oct. 19-23.
- Deng, Cong, Joseph W. Haus, Andrew Sarangan, Aziz Mahfoud, Concita Sibilia, Michael Scalora, and Aleksei Zheltikov. 2006. Photonic band-gap enhanced second-harmonic generation in a planar lithium niobate waveguide. Laser Physics 16, no. 6: 927-947.
- Lou, Fengguang, Mingcui Cao, Anjun Wan, Jun Xu, Xinjun Zhou, Cong Deng 2000. New free-space multistage optical interconnection network and its matrix theory. Proc. SPIE 3952: 296-302, Optoelectronic Interconnects VII; Photonics Packaging and Integration II, April.
- The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
- Optical Society of America (OSA)
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)