Professor, Electro-Optics Graduate Program
School of Engineering: Electro-Optics Graduate Engineering Program
- Centini, M., V. Roppo, E. Fazio, F. Pettazzi, C. Sibilia, J.W. Haus, J.V. Foreman, N. Akozbek, M.J. Bloemer, and M. Scalora. 2008. Inhibition of linear absorption in opaque materials using phase-locked harmonic generation. Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 113905.
- de Ceglia, D., M. A. Vincenti, M. G. Cappeddu, M. Centini, N. Akozbek, A. D’Orazio, J. W. Haus, M. J. Bloemer, and M. Scalora. 2008. Tailoring metallodielectric structures for superresolution and superguiding applications in the visible and near-ir ranges. Phys. Rev. A 77, 033848.
- Ibarra-Escamilla, B., O. Pottiez, E.A Kuzin, J.W. Haus, R. Grajales-Coutio, and P. Zaca-Moran. 2008. Experimental investigation of self-starting operation in a F8L based on a symmetrical NOLM. Opt. Commun. 281: 1226-1232.
- Liu, X., J.W. Haus, and M.S. Shahriar. 2008. Modulation instability for a relaxational Kerr medium. Opt. Commun. 281: 2907-2912.
- Wu, Z., R.L. Nelson, J.W. Haus and Q. Zhan. 2008. Long-range surface plasmon devices design using subwavelength metal grating. Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics & Materials (JNOPM) 17, no. 4 (December).
- Wu, Z., R.L. Nelson, J.W. Haus and Q. Zhan. 2008. Plasmonic electro-optic modulator design using a resonant metal grating. Opt. Lett. 33: 551-553.
- Wu, Z., J.W. Haus, Q. Zhan and R.L. Nelson. 2008. Plasmonic notch filter design based on long-range surface plasmon excitation along metal grating. Plasmonics 3: 103-108.
- Ph.D., Catholic University of America, 1975
- M.S., John Carroll University, 1972
- B.S., John Carroll University, 1971
- Fellow: OSA, SPIE and APS
- Member: IEEE-LEOS
- Founding member and past co-chairperson - OSA Nanophoptonics Conference
- Editor for Chinese Optics letters and Journal of the European Optical Society
- Quantum and nonlinear optics phenomena in heterogeneous systems, especially propagation in photonic crystals and optical metamaterials