School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 361
- Phone: 937-229-2892
- Email: Contact
- Chiasson, A.D., C. Yavuzturk, D.W. Johnson, and T.P. Filburn. 2010. Optimization of the ground thermal response in hybrid geothermal heat pump systems. ASHRAE Transactions 116, no. 1.
- Chiasson, A.D., C. Yavuzturk, and J.E. Nydahl. 2009. Simulation model for ground loop heat exchangers. ASHRAE Transactions 115, no. 2.
- Chiasson, A., and A.T. Gill. 2008. Field performance assessment of downhole heat exchangers in Puna District, Hawaii. Geothermal Resources Council Transactions 32.
- Chiasson, A. D., C. Yavuzturk, D.E. Walrath. 2007. Evaluation of electricity generation from underground coal fires and waste banks. ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology 129, no. 2: 81-88.
- Chiasson, A., G. Culver, D. Favata, and S. Keiffer. 2005. Design, installation, and monitoring of a new downhole heat exchanger. Geothermal Resources Council Transactions 29.
- Chiasson, A. D., C. Yavuzturk, C., and W.J. Talbert. 2004. Design of a school building HVAC retrofit with a geothermal heat pump system. ASCE Journal of Architectural Engineering. 10, no. 3 (September):103-111.
- Chiasson, A. D., and C. Yavuzturk. 2003. Assessment of the viability of hybrid geothermal heat pump systems with solar thermal collectors. ASHRAE Transactions 109, no. 2:487-500.
- Yavuzturk, C., and A.D. Chiasson. 2002. Performance analysis of u-tube, concentric tube, and standing column well ground heat exchangers using a system simulation approach. ASHRAE Transactions 108, no. 1:925-938.
- Chiasson, A., and J.D. Spitler. 2001. Modeling approach to design of a ground-source heat pump bridge deck heating system.? Transportation Research Record 1741:207-215, NRC.
- Chiasson, A., J.D. Spitler, S.J. Rees, and M.D. Smith. 2000. A model for simulating the performance of a pavement heating system as a supplemental heat rejecter with closed-loop ground-source heat pump systems. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, ASME.
- Chiasson, A., J.D. Spitler, S.J. Rees, and M.D. Smith. 2000. A model for simulating the performance of a shallow pond as a supplemental heat rejecter with closed-loop ground-source heat pump systems. ASHRAE Transactions 106, no. 2.
- Chiasson, A., S.J. Rees, and J.D. Spitler. 2000.? A preliminary assessment of the effects of ground-water flow on closed-loop ground-source heat pump systems.? ASHRAE Transactions 106, no. 1.
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Geothermal Energy
- Ph.D., University of Wyoming, 2007
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, 1999
- M.A.Sc., University of Windsor, Canada, 1992
- B.A.Sc., University of Windsor, Canada, 1989
- Licensed Professional Engineer: Michigan, USA; Indiana, USA; and Alberta, Canada
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA)
- Thermal systems simulation and optimization
- Energy efficient buildings
- Geothermal heat pumps and geothermal energy
- Solar energy utilization
- District/community energy systems