Assistant Professor and Joint Appointee, UDRI
School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Building 146 Room 219
- Phone: 937-255-8347
- Email: Contact
- Joo, J.J., and B. Sanders. Forthcoming. Optimal location of distributed actuators within an in-plane multi-cell morphing mechanism. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures.
- Inoyama, D., B. Sanders, and J.J. Joo. 2008. Topology optimization approach for the determination of multiple-configuration morphing wing structures. Journal of Aircraft 45, no. 6: 1853-1863.
- Joo, J. J., B. Sanders, and G. Washington. 2006. Energy based efficiency of adaptive structure systems. Smart Materials and Structures 15: 171-181.
- Theory of Machines
- Kinematic Principles in Design
- Design Optimization
- Compliant Mechanisms and Structures
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2001
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1997
- B.S., Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Han Yang University, Seoul, Korea, 1994
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering: Member
- Adaptive Structures and Materials Technical Committee Member in Aerospace Division
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics: Senior Member
- Adaptive Structures Technical Committee Member
- Compliant mechanism design (for micro, meso and macro scale application)
- Adaptive/smart structure design
- Topology optimization
- Morphing aircraft structure design
- Multi-functional material design