School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Myszka, D., 2012. Machines and mechanisms: Applied kinematic analysis, 4th ed. Pearson Prentice-Hall.
- Myszka, D., and A. Murray. 2010. Pole arrangements that introduce prismatic joints into the design space of four and five position rigid-body synthesis. Mechanism and Machine Theory 49, no. 9.
- Myszka, D., and A. Murray. 2010. Slidercranks as compatibility linkages for parameterizing a center-point curve. Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 2, no. 2.
- Myszka, D., A. Murray, and J. Schmiedeler. 2009. Assessing position order in rigid body guidance: An intuitive approach to fixed pivot selection. Journal of Mechanical Design 131, no. 1.
- Myszka, D., A. Murray, and J. Schmiedeler. 2009. Singularity analysis of an extensible kinematic architecture: Assur class N, order N-1. Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, ASME 1, no. 1.
Research and Work
- Engaged in kinematic synthesis and mechanical design research. Particularly interested in applied research with industrial partners involving machine design and instrumentation activities. Most recent partnerships include Emerson Climate Technologies, General Motors, Creative Extruded Products and Process Equipment Company.
- Computer aided design
- Industrial mechanisms
- Machine design
- Machine dynamics
- Finite element modeling
- Ph.D., Engineering, University of Dayton, 2009
- M.B.A., University of Dayton, 1996
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1989
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1985
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Reviewer for J. of Mechanisms and Robotics and J. of Mechanical Design
- Machine design
- Kinematic synthesis
- Instrumentation systems