Joint Appointment with University of Dayton Research Institute
School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Building 490 Room 135
- Phone: 937-255-3549
- Email: Contact
- Kuprowicz, N.J., S. Zabarnick, Z.J. West, and J.S. Ervin. 2007. The use of measured species class concentrations with chemical kinetic modeling for the prediction of autoxidation and deposition of jet fuels. Energy & Fuels 21: 530-544.
- Balster, L.M., S. Zabarnick, R.C. Striebich, L.M. Shafer, and Z.J. West. 2006. Analysis of polar species in jet fuel and determination of their role in autoxidative deposit formation. Energy & Fuels 20: 2564-2571.
- Zabarnick, S., and D.K. Phelps. 2006. Density functional theory calculations of the energetics and kinetics of jet fuel autoxidation reactions. Energy & Fuels 20: 488-497.
- Striebich, R.C., M.A. Motsinger, M.E. Rauch, S. Zabarnick, and M. DeWitt. 2005. Estimation of select specification tests for aviation turbine fuels using fast gas chromatography. Energy and Fuels 19: 2445-2454.
- Assudani, R., J.S. Ervin, and S. Zabarnick. 2006. Experimental and modeling studies of jet fuel flow near the fuel freeze point temperature. AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power 22: 534-541.
- Aerospace Fuel Science
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Penn State University, 1984
- B.S., Chemistry, Binghamton University, 1980
- Board of Directors-International Association for Stability and Handling of Liquid Fuels
- Member-American Chemical Society
- Peer reviewer for scientific/engineering journals including: Energy & Fuel, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Combustion & Flame, SAE Proceedings, and ASME Transactions
- Fuel chemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Fuel chemical analysis
- Modeling of fuel thermal stability