Ione T Damasco
- Location: Roesch Library 104B
- Phone: 937-229-4238
- Email: Contact
Ione has been working as a Cataloger Librarian here at UD since 2005, where her responsibilities cover a wide range of activities: cataloging materials in a wide variety of formats, acting as the metadata specialist for various digitization projects, and serving as the subject selector for Teacher Education and for the Women's and Gender Studies Program. Ione also serves on the Women's and Gender Studies Program committee. She is a member of the library's Marketing and Outreach Team, as well as the University Libraries Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- M.L.I.S., Kent State University (2005)
- B.A., The Ohio State University (1997)
- Member of the American Library Association (ALA)
- Member of the Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO)
- Diversity issues in librarianship
- Recruitment and retention of traditionally underrepresented academic librarians
- Mentoring issues in librarianship
McGurr, M. J. and Damasco, I.T. (2010) Improving the Practicum or Internship Experience in Cataloging. Technical Services Quarterly 27(1), 1-16.
Damasco, I.T. (2008) Weddings. In C. LaGuardia, (Ed.). Magazines for Libraries, 17th edition (pp. 942-945).New Providence, N.J.: ProQuest.
Damasco, I.T. and McGurr, M.J. (2008). A Survey of Cataloger Perspectives on Practicum Experiences. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly 45(4), 43-64.
Damasco, I.T. (2006). FAST: Faceted Application of Subject Terminology—A New Spin on an Old Standard. TechKNOW 12(2), 1-8.
Damasco, I. (2006). Review of Inness, S. (ed.). Action Chicks: New Images of Tough Women in Popular Culture. (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004), in ImageTexT 3(1). http://www.english.ufl.edu/imagetext/archives/v3_1/reviews/damasco.shtml