- Location: Roesch Library 108
- Phone: 937-229-2324
- Email: Contact
Jack is the reference and instruction librarian responsible for engineering, physics, geology and math.
- B.A. Mathematics, Walsh University
- M.L.S. St. John's University
- ALA Dartmouth Medal Committee, 2010 - , and 2001 – 2004. Chair, 2011-2013.
- Advisory Board, Guide to Reference, 2007 – present.
- Chair, Reference Books Bulletin (RBB) Editorial Board 2001 – 2004.
- Reference Books Bulletin (RBB) Editorial Board 2000 - 2010.
- RUSA/CODES Reference Collection Development Committee 2000 - 2004.
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO), 1999- present.
- Special Libraries Association 1992-1999.
- Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), 1986- present.
- American Library Association, 1983- present.
- Science and Technology Reference
Several books and book chapters:
Forthcoming entries in: Heroes and Heroines of Catholic Education, ed by Thomas Hunt, John While, and Michael James.
O'Gorman, J. (2014). Reference sources for small and medium-sized libraries. 8th ed. Chicago: ALA Editions.
O’Gorman, J. “Reference Products and Services: Historical Overview and Paradigm Shift.” In Polanka, S. (2012). E-reference context and discoverability in libraries: Issues and concepts. Hershey PA: Information Science Reference.
O’Gorman, J. “Hyman Rickover.” Hunt, T. C. (2010). Encyclopedia of educational reform and dissent. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: SAGE Publications.
O’Gorman, J. “Humanities” and “Native American Languages. Kieft, R. H., & American Library Association. (2008). Guide to reference. 12th ed. Chicago, IL: American Library Association.
O'Gorman, J., & Gullen, A. (2010). Reference on the Web: Science Blogs and Tweets. Booklist,107(7), 71.
O’Gorman, J. Regional and State Encyclopedias: A Selected List. Booklist Online. June 16, 2010.
O'Gorman, J., & Trott, B. (2009). “What Will Become of Reference in Academic and Public Libraries?” Journal of Library Administration, 49(4), 327-339. doi:10.1080/01930820902832421
Over 75 reviews of reference books, particularly scientific reference titles in Booklist and Choice.