- Location: Roesch Library 108
- Phone: 937-229-2324
- Email: Contact
Jack is the reference and instruction librarian responsible for engineering, physics, geology and math.
- B.A. Mathematics, Walsh University
- M.L.S. St. John's University
- ALA Dartmouth Medal Committee, 2010 - , and 2001 – 2004.
- Advisory Board, Guide to Reference, 2007 – present.
- Chair, Reference Books Bulletin (RBB) Editorial Board 2001 – 2004.
- Reference Books Bulletin (RBB) Editorial Board 2000 - 2010.
- RUSA/CODES Reference Collection Development Committee 2000 - 2004.
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO), 1999- present.
- Special Libraries Association 1992-1999.
- Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), 1986- present.
- American Library Association, 1983- present.
- Science and Technology Reference
8 books or book chapters including:
O'Gorman, Jack, ed. Reference Sources for Small and Medium-Sized Libraries. 7th ed. Chicago: American Library Association, 2008.
Lang, Jovian P., OFM, and O’Gorman, Jack eds. Recommended Reference Books in Paperback. 3rd ed. Englewood, Colorado: Libraries Unlimited, 2000.
Kieft, Robert, ed. Guide to Reference. Chicago, IL: American Library Association. 12th ed. 2008. electronic resource. Contributed Humanities and Native American Languages.
over 20 articles - some recent publications include:
O’Gorman, Jack and Gullen, Amy . “Reference on the Web: Science Blogs and Tweets.” Booklist December 1, 2010. 107.7. p71.
O’Gorman, Jack and Polanka, Sue. “Fall E-reference Update, 2010: Part 2, E-books.” Booklist November 15, 2010 107.6. p62-63.
O’Gorman, Jack. “Regional and State Encyclopedias: A Selected List.” Booklist Online. June 16, 2010.
O'Gorman, Jack, and Barry Trott. ""What Will Become of Reference in Academic and Public Libraries?"" Journal of Library Administration 49.4 (2009): 327-39.
O’Gorman, Jack and Polanka, Sue. “Lives Online: Biography Databases.” Booklist 103. 9–10 (Jan. 1 & 15, 2007)
over 50 reviews of reference books, particularly scientific reference titles in Booklist and Choice