The Excellence Initiative was established in 2008 to support the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Catholic schools, teachers, and students by lending our academic expertise and resources from the University of Dayton Center for Catholic Education. This support has come in the form of hosting professional development training for teachers, providing support for teacher-initiated professional learning communities, and hosting the annual Catholic Education Summit.
Professional Development Training
Over the years, our professional development training topics have included:
- Improving Student Learning Through Curriculum Mapping
- Professional Learning Communities
- Building Good Practice Around Common Assessment
- Differentiated Instruction to Meet the Needs of All Students
- Reading and Language Arts Common Core Standards in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati