Computer Technology Endorsement
The Computer Technology Endorsement from the State of Ohio allows you to competently integrate technology in your classroom and teach computer classes in applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
You can also collaborate and share your technology integration knowledge and skill formally or informally with teachers in your building. The Endorsement could be considered by school districts in filling a position for building level technology facilitator. You cannot teach computer programming with this endorsement, as that endorsement is another set of requirements.
The Endorsement is added to an existing standard teaching license for K-12.
Applicants to the computer technology endorsement should submit the following information in addition to the online application:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor or an employer.
- A personal statement or résumé.
- Results from the GRE or MAT are required for applicants with an undergraduate grade-point average below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must hold a valid State of Ohio teaching license.
Applicants must have attained an undergraduate cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants who have less than a 2.75 cumulative GPA may be admitted if they achieve a raw score of 40 or higher or a scaled score of 396 or higher on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or scaled scores of 149 or higher on the verbal ability and 4.0 or higher on the analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For test administrations prior to October 2002, a scaled score of 490 or higher on the analytical ability section is required.
Additional requirements apply for international students.
Program requirements can be found in the online Catalog.