Teacher Leader Endorsement
The Teacher Leader Endorsement program's design allows its candidates to complete the program within one year (three semesters). The program's nine semester hours comprise coursework and associated field-based activities.
To qualify for the program, prospective students need to have a master's degree and at least four years of successful teaching experience. Because of the unique nature of the content and field work, transferring credits for these courses is not considered.
Candidates completing the endorsement program may apply to the Ohio Department of Education for the Teacher Leader Endorsement, a criterion of the Tier 4 Lead Professional Educator License.
Applicants to the Teacher Leader Endorsement program should submit the following information in addition to the online application:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked "Issued to Student" and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Master degree required (3. GPA or better master degree conferred required).
- One letter of recommendation from a professor or an employer.
- A recommendation letter to the Teacher Leader program by a school administrator (principal, superintendent or other central office administrator) providing evidence of four years of successful teaching experience.
- A personal statement or résumé.
- Applicants must hold a valid teaching license.
Additional requirements apply for international students.
Program requirements, including curriculum, can be found in the online Catalog.