Welcome to the Professional Development Workshops!
The School of Education & Health Sciences is accredited nationally by NCATE (the Standard of Excellence in Teacher Preparation) and regionally by the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The School of Education & Health Sciences is committed to supporting compassionate professionals in the fields of teaching, higher administration, exercise science and
Learn how to earn credit through our programs!
Earning Workshop Credit
There are several convenient ways to earn workshop credit:
- Create a workshop (pdf) within your school or organization.
- Attend an upcoming workshop (on campus or off campus).
Registerfor an online video workshop through Educational Impact Academy.
- Contact other approved workshop providers who offer University of Dayton workshop credit.
Record of Workshop Credit
An automatic grade report will be mailed to you approximately one week after the grading period. This report will reflect the credit on your University of Dayton student record. An automatic grade
Check out our upcoming workshop!
Character Building Through Service: Service Learning and Community Service as Tools for Improving School Culture
This class focuses on implementing service learning practices in the K-12 classroom. Participants will analyze the K-12 Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice and will develop a plan for incorporating a service lesson in their classroom or school.
The primary presenter will be Bre Sambuchino of Loveland H.S. She will be assisted by Jim Place and Carolyn Heller.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014, 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. Registration at 8:00 a.m.
- Where: Cincinnati Saint Vincent DePaul Society Building, 1125 Bank Street, Cincinnati, OH 45214. It is Directly off I75 at Exit 2A. You can see it from I75. (Detailed directions will be sent to everyone taking the class.) Free parking on site.
- Credit: You must submit your assignment by Nov. 21. This is a fall 2014 workshop. Non-graded credit will be posted on Dec. 26.
- Lunch: A full lunch will be provided.
- Pre-registration: There is a registration fee of $50.00 per class. Pre-registration is required and must be received five days before the workshop. Your $50.00 non-refundable registration fee must accompany your registration form. Seating is limited, so please register as soon as possible. You will receive a confirmation email to confirm the receipt of your registration
- Tuition and fees: $200.00 per semester hour. Participants have the option of taking the class for one, two or three credits. Additional independent study will be required if taking the class for two or three credits. Payment for the university tuition will be collected on the day of the workshop. This is a pass/fail course.
- Questions: Please feel free to contact Mr. Jim Place at email@example.com.
Earn workshop credit through affiliated online workshop programs!
Educational Impact Academy
The University of Dayton in collaboration with Educational Impact (EI) Academy is pleased to provide workshop credit for Educational Impact Academy online video programs. EI is a premier online provider of professional development videos for teachers, administrators and university students.
Greene County Career Center Adult Workforce Division
The University of Dayton, in collaboration with the Greene County Career Center, is offering workshop credit (graduate and undergraduate) for online, on-demand, self-paced Professional Development courses. “Ed2Go” instructor-led courses are comprehensive six-week courses, accessible 24/7 from anywhere with an Internet connection. Please click the "requirements" tab of the course you choose to ensure computer compatibility.
- Courses can be purchased at www.ed2go.com/greene.
- UD graduate workshop credit can be purchased with a minimum of 12.5 completion hours. A reflection paper will be required if the hours completed are fewer than 12.5 hours. For more information about purchasing UD graduate workshop credit, please contact Julie Slife at 937-229-3348, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montgomery County Educational Service Center Online "Video" Course Offerings
The University of Dayton, in collaboration with the Montgomery County ESC, is offering PD workshop credit for online, on-demand, self-paced Professional Development courses. Learn directly from expert authors, instructor-led video courses accessible 24/7 from anywhere with an Internet connection. You have one year from the purchase date to activate the course, and six months from activation to complete the course.
Find out which community partners host our workshops!
The Dayton Art Institute
Miami Valley Regional Center
Montgomery County Educational Service Center (MCESC)
Southwestern Ohio Instructional Technology Association (SOITA)
For additional information on becoming an approved workshop provider, please email Julie Slife or call 937-229-3348.