Welcome to the School of Education & Health Sciences
Our school prepares students for professional roles that empower you to enact the Marianist principles of justice, peace, adaptation, and change. We prepare education professionals for roles as teachers, administrators, counselors, school psychologists, and human service practitioners. We prepare health and sport science professionals for roles as dietitians, exercise physiologists, nutritionists, physical therapists, and sports managers. Students in our
Our academic programs are rooted in partnerships and collaborations with community schools and agencies based in the following centers and institutes:
- Bombeck Family Learning Center, a demonstration school and state and regional leader in early childhood learning, is a field practice site for
early childhood educationstudents.
- The Center for Catholic Education provides schools with programs and services that enhance the Church’s mission to evangelize, educate, end empower the people of God.
- Dayton Early College Academy is an award-winning charter school representing the partnership of Dayton Public Schools, Sinclair Community College, and the University of Dayton.
- Lalanne is a post-graduate teacher service program that provides a faith community for beginning educators who serve in under-resourced Catholic schools.
- Urban Teacher Academy provides specialized preparation for teacher candidates who want to make a difference by producing high student achievement in urban settings.
I invite you to explore our programs, values, and collaborations by reviewing our website, and hope you join us as a student or partner in your journey of professional and spiritual development.
Learn about our mission and our goals!
The School of Education & Health Sciences (formerly the School of Education & Allied Professions) strategic plan will serve as a general framework, or guide, for decision-making purposes. The strategic
Having a strategic plan provides the School of Education & Health Sciences with a forward thinking and aspirational
Meet the faculty and staff of the Office of the Dean.
Let us know how we can help you.
Office of the Dean
School of Education & Health Sciences
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-2969
Office Location: College Park Center, Suite 618
Assistant to the Dean