Bomb Threats Response Guide
Bomb Threat (phone)Attempt to gain as much information as possible from the caller. Document all of the information you are able to obtain from the caller such as:
- Time of call and detonation time
- Description/type of explosive device
- Location of the device
- Reason for the threat
- Note Caller ID if available
* If time allows and the caller is willing to provide additional information, complete the "Bomb Threat Questionnaire" (next two pages).
- Immediately call UD Police and provide as much detail as possible.
- Follow instructions from UD Police or other emergency response personnel. Depending on the circumstances, you may be instructed to evacuate the area.
- Note any unusual items (packages, backpacks, etc.) or suspicious objects and immediately report that information to the responding authorities.
Bomb Threat (written correspondence)
- Call UD Police
- Preserve Evidence
- Do not handle written documents
- Do not delete or alter email messages
For more information, please see: Bomb Threats Information>>