Chemical Hazards Response Guide
- If toxic chemicals come into contact with your skin, immediately flush the affected area with clear water.
- Remove contaminated clothing.
- Call UD Police immediately.
- If there is any possible danger, evacuate your area
- Remain calm and UD Police.
- If the fire is small, contained, and you are not exposed to its fumes, you may locate a fire extinguisher and attempt to put the fire out.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- If you are inside of a building, evacuate. Close doors and windows behind you if you are able to do so safely, and then proceed to the nearest exit.
- Do not attempt to save possessions at the risk of personal injury and do not return to the emergency area until instructed to do so by police or fire officials.
- All chemical fires must be reported to UD Police.
For more information, please see: Chemical Hazards Information>>