Flooding Response Guide
- Natural flooding may take hours or days to accumulate and could take even longer to dissipate.
- Immediately report flooding in your area to UD Police.
- Take steps to protect your property.
- Be prepared to evacuate or move to a higher level in the building.
- Turn off or unplug electrical devices that may be affected by water. Store some fresh drinking water early in the process.
- Pipes and water storage devices can rupture at any time, but are more likely to do so in freezing weather.
- Immediately report ruptures or flooding to UD authorities with the location, extent of the leak or rupture, and the cause if you know it. Call (937) 229-2121 or 911 (UD phone).
- If you are familiar with the water source and are able to stop the water flow from a shut off valve, close the valve and call Public Safety immediately.
- Take steps to protect property by moving it away from the water source.
For more information, please see: Flooding Information>>