Medical Emergencies Response Guide
- Call UD Police and advise the dispatcher of your location and the nature of the victim's illness or injury.
- Unless trained, do not attempt to render any first aid before medical assistance arrives. Depending on the circumstances, the dispatcher may provide you with basic medical instructions from a predetermined protocol.
- Do not attempt to move a victim of an auto accident or other trauma such as a fall.
- Comfort the victim and assure them help is on the way.
- Don't allow yourself to be exposed to chemicals, electric shock, fire, blood, or other body fluids. Wear protective equipment or wait for professional assistance.
- Remain after help arrives to provide needed information.
- If you suspect that you have been exposed to infectious disease in any form while assisting the victim, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
For more information, please see: Medical Emergencies Information>>