Dr. Donald Chase937-229-3847
State-of-the-art design for reliable and affordable infrastructure.
Our Master of Science in engineering mechanics requires a minimum of 33 semester hours including:
- 12 required semester hours in engineering mechanics: EGM 500, 503, 533, and 546.
- 9 elective semester hours in engineering mechanics.
- 6 required semester hours in mathematics: MTH 535 and 551.
- 6 semester hours of research on an approved project or thesis. Thesis or project research may be replaced by 9 semester hours of additional coursework only with the approval of both your adviser and the program director.
- Engineering mechanics
- Environmental engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Transportation or water resources
We work closely with alumni and private business leaders to supply ongoing opportunities — from fluid mechanics to the mechanical behavior of materials, the engineering mechanics program prepares you to solve problems and improve outcomes in your area of expertise.