Scott Schneider, Chairperson937-229-4216
Program Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The University of Dayton Department of Engineering Technology prepares technical professionals who . . .
- Are competent and productive in the practice of both the technical and communication aspects of their profession.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Exhibit leadership qualities as appropriate for the practice of their profession.
- Are involved in service activities that benefit their profession and their community.
- Are engaged in continuing professional development.
The University of Dayton programs in Engineering Technology prepare graduates who . . .
- Are professionally competent and can apply current and practice-oriented methods to solve problems.
- Have a well-rounded education and integrate multidisciplinary concepts to solve technical problems.
- Apply critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills to analyze emerging issues.
- Have the ability to function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and have project management and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written and visual modes in both interpersonal and group environments.
- Are global citizens with knowledge of ethical and professional standards of conduct and an understanding of social impacts and contemporary issues.
- Are prepared for service and continuing professional development.