Domestic students must be enrolled at least half-time each semester:
- Undergraduates: Minimum of six credit hours per semester.
- Graduate students: Minimum of three credit hours per semester.
- Law students: Minimum of six credit hours per semester.
International students on F-1 and J-1 visas are subject to specific enrollment requirements. Click here to learn more.
Co-op students are not eligible to work as student employees during their co-op work term due to the enrollment requirements listed above.
All students are eligible to work during vacation periods, assuming that they:
- Are in good standing with the University.
- Are not working in a co-op position.
- Intend to return as a student of the University after the vacation period has ended.
Vacation periods are defined as traditional periods of non-enrollment. At the University of Dayton, the summer term and Christmas break are considered vacation periods. Spring break is considered a vacation period only if it is a period of at least one week.