Fountain in KU Plaza

You're already part of our family. And we hope we can be part of yours.

A lot of things will change when your son or daughter starts college, but your involvement in his or her life doesn't have to be one of them. At the University of Dayton, we realize support from family plays a strong role in a student success, and we want you to be involved.

I'm not sure which office to call with my question… where do I start?

Start with us! If we don't know the answer, we'll refer you to the appropriate office. Call our hotline 800-837-7433 or e-mail

My student is having some problems. How can I help?

There are many resources on campus to help, so it's important to encourage your son or daughter to speak up if he or she is struggling with any issue. When you contact the Office of Student Success, we help you explore all of the resources available to your son or daughter.

Why does it seem like college officials won't give me information?

It's not that they are trying to keep things from you; it’s simply the law. According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), officials at the University of Dayton may only release information about a student's educational records to the student. Some departments may have FERPA waivers that your son or daughter may be able to sign to give you access to his or her educational records. If you’d like more information regarding this, please contact your student’s academic department or the Office of Student Success. More information about FERPA is available on the U.S. Department of Education's web site.

How do I send packages to my son or daughter?

Information on mailing packages to your student can be found on the campus post office web site. Please note that the address differs depending if the package is sent through UPS or the United States Postal Service.