GIFTS OF SECURITIES
Electronic Transfer of Shares
- Shares may be electronically transferred to the University of Dayton through our account at Merrill Lynch.
Merrill Lynch account: 5SE-04859 University of Dayton
- Please notify us of your pending gift so that we may properly thank you and provide your tax receipt.
- Allow plenty of time for transfers to take place, especially at year-end, so that your tax deduction is available in the calendar year you prefer.
- According to IRS rules, stock gifts are valued by taking the average of the high and low market price on the date that the stock appears in the University of Dayton account.
Transfer by Certificate
- Please do not endorse or complete any section on the reverse side of the certificate. Use certified mail and send to:
University of Dayton
Office of Gift Planning
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-2964