Chaminade Scholars Program: Application Process
The University Honors Program welcomes your application to be a Chaminade Scholar. Please read the detailed information below before downloading and completing the application materials.
2015 Application Deadline: 12:00 noon, January 10, 2015
Applying to the Chaminade Scholars Program
All portions of the application should be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the deadline date.
- All materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the deadline date.
Email subject line: Chaminade Scholar Application Materials
- All electronic file names should include the applicant's last name and the application year.
Example: Smith_CoverSheet_2015 / Smith_ApplicationEssays_2015 / Smith_ClassPaper_2015 / Smith_Recommendation_2015)
An application downloadable Word document (.docx) instruction sheet is available.
A submitted application consists of the following components:
- A completed and electronically signed cover sheet, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- Completed essay responses to the questions included on Application Essay Questions, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- A copy of a paper that you wrote for a UD class during your first semester−this should be a paper that you consider to be your best work. (You do not need to turn in the graded copy.)
- A written recommendation from a faculty member who was your professor for a 3-credit-hour course during your first semester at UD; the professor you request to write your recommendation must complete the downloadable Word document (.docx) recommendation form and submit it directly to email@example.com, Subject: Chaminade Scholar Recommendation
Electronic Signature: By typing your name at the specified signature line on each application form you certify that the application materials are your own work.
Applicant Information: Requirements
Interviews for the Chaminade Scholars Program will be conducted with program faculty and staff on [to be determined]. Be sure to reserve this day in the event that you are selected for an interview.
If you ar selected to be a Chaminade Scholar:
- You will be required to attend the Chaminade Scholar Formation Retreat (TBD).
- You will be enrolled in a required tuition-free, 1/2-credit hour mini-course, UDI165: Chaminade Scholar Seminar. Classes will meet during the Spring 2015 semester from (TBD) on the following Sundays: (TBD). The course will explore the themes of identity, vocation, and leadership as it relates to the Chaminade Scholars program and the call to discipleship.
- You will be required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and pursue an Honors Program diploma.
- You will complete the three required Chaminade Scholar courses: REL 356, ASI 357 and ASI 358.
Email Chaminade Scholar Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.