Chaminade Scholars Program: Application Process
The University Honors Program welcomes your application to be a Chaminade Scholar. Please read the detailed information below before downloading and completing the application materials.
2013 Application Deadline: January 16, 2013
Applying to the Chaminade Scholars Program
All portions of the application should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 pm on the deadline date.
- All materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 4:30 pm on the deadline date.
Email subject line: Chaminade Scholar Application Materials
- All electronic file names should include the applicant's last name and the application year.
Example: Smith_CoverSheet_2013 / Smith_ApplicationEssays_2013 / Smith_ClassPaper_2013 / Smith_Recommendation_2013)
A submitted application consists of the following four components:
- A completed and electronically signed cover sheet, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- Completed essay responses to the questions included on Application Essay Questions, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- A copy of a paper that you wrote for a UD class during your first semester−this should be a paper that you consider to be your best work. (You do not need to turn in the graded copy.)
- A written recommendation from a faculty member who was your professor for a 3-credit-hour course during your first semester at UD; the professor you request to write your recommendation must complete the downloadable Word document (.docx) recommendation form and submit it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Chaminade Scholar Recommendation
2013 Applicant Information: Requirements
Interviews for the Chaminade Scholars Program will be conducted with program faculty and staff on Saturday, January 26, 2013. Be sure to reserve this day in the event that you are selected for an interview.
If you ar selected to be a Chaminade Scholar:
- You will be required to attend the Chaminade Scholar Bonding and Formation Retreat (March 22 to 24, 2013).
- You will be enrolled in a required tuition-free, 1/2-credit hour mini-course, UDI 165: Faith, Vocation and Leadership II. Classes will meet Sundays (March 10, April 7 and April 14) from 2:00 to 3:30 pm. The course will explore the topics of prayer, service and evangelization as they relate to one’s vocation.
- You will be required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and pursue an Honors Program diploma.
- You will complete the three required Chaminade Scholar courses: REL 356, ASI 357 and ASI 358.
- Electronic Signature: By typing your name at the specified signature line on each application form you certify that the application materials are your own work.
Email Chaminade Scholar Questions to email@example.com.